The focus of the H-3 Program was to encourage practices that improve the awareness of agronomic soil testing in York, Durham, Haliburton, Peterborough and the Kawartha regions. The project provided:
- support for students to collect soil samples for farmers within the five counties and regions,
- coordination of lab analysis through A&L Canada Laboratories,
- information workshops on how to use the soil test information,
- a means for the collection and analysis of a large number of soil samples to quantify soil sulphur levels under a variety of farm management systems and
- an overview of on-line GIS mapping capabilities through OMAFRA’s AgMaps portal.